divisions

Being a part of a family is really hard at times. I can remember at times being at war with my brothers (2 older). I was normally like the air force, doing a flyby and then being long gone by the time they realize what just happened. They were both bigger than me... I had to be resourceful. Waring between brothers and sisters happens far too often, especially in church.

1 John 3:23 ~ And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.

Sometimes the hardest and most unnatural thing to do is to show love to someone who is waring against you. Being the bigger person was often what I forgot to to do when I was younger and dealing with my brothers. It is far to important for us involved in the Kingdom to do more than just get along, but genuinely love each other. Maybe we should even go out of our way sometimes to show it.

The full passage here speaks clearly about the depth of our love for each other. Go back and read the rest. 1 John 3:11-24

0 Responses to “divisions”

Post a Comment