really big??

When was the last time you did something really big?? When I was in high school and college I did a number of crazy things... they felt huge. One sunday my best friend and I loaded up a huge penske truck with clothes and headed to Mexico. What a huge impact that had on my life... really!! When I surrendered to ministry I remember feeling like God has this huge megaphone in my ear (which I have used since to really influence or maybe annoy students) saying "Steven, I'm telling you to serve me... DO IT... DO IT.... DO IT..." so I did. That was huge. I remember sitting on a couch in a living room sharing the Gospel with a family... and being a part of the family coming to know Christ. It was big.... after all of these moments, I felt like my heart was going to explode from this overwhelming sense that I was a part of something that was so far bigger than me.

I've really been challenged by this over the past month. I think I focus a lot of my attention on things that God doesn't care about... (TV, Politics, food...) and not enough on the decisions I've made, that add responsibility or on the fact that God wants me to do BIG things.

I had a wise friend council me... (1)more things, more problems... and even more recently another wise friend challenged me that (2)"less is more." So today I want to make a covenant with myself... better yet... I want to make a covenant with God... (1)God - I want more of your things (wisdom from your word, compassion toward others, and a heart of service even unto death) so that my problems would be worth dealing with. (2) God - I want to strip myself from everything so that you can have the rightful place in my life.

I'm ready to do something Really BIG again!

0 Responses to “really big??”

Post a Comment