what is so hard about it?

I guess it is a gift for me. I've never lived in a gray world, it has always been black and white for me. There are some times when I just have to pause and wonder what makes it so hard for some people to believe or even hold themselves accountable.

The Bible, for instance, is such a easy thing for me... but when I look around the web and even in some so called churches, people (that call themselves christian) can't take it as truth?!? I role my eyes and move on... but maybe I should spend a little more time here. I am leading a small group (in the grand scheme of things) of middle school students. This really matters and is relevant to this generation who is taught to reason things out in a gray world, and that sees compromise all around them.

We cannot let this generation see compromise on some important issues. The bible being the most important!.. It is the Word of God, Infallible, Inerrant and complete until the Lord's return. The issues that it talks about aren't up for discussion. I don't think that students need to sit around wondering if homosexuality is OK or where they stand on abortion. And if the Word offends you, it is probably for a good reason.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to teach hate, but share a concern for our students that are growing up in a world that is, at an even faster pace, teaching our kids to blur lines and gray things out.

0 Responses to “what is so hard about it?”

Post a Comment