Camp Spasm


WOW!! What an awesome week last week. I was blown away by everything and everyone involved in camp. I was reminded this week of several things. The first - McGregor Baptist Church has the best middle school students in the world. 86 students and not really any major problems and absolutely no damage to the building. I'm so blessed to be the middle school pastor here.

The second thing that I was reminded - Our leaders are committed. Everyone worked hard together to show students God love. After some rest I'm sure all of us are ready to do it again... the good thing is we have some time to plan and make next years camp the best ever.... again!!

The last thing of note that I was reminded (other than the fact that I don't make a good sick person) -- I love working with middle school students. Every night we had the most engaging worship (led by Gerald Malloy and band and our camp pastor Mac Cockrell). There is nothing more rewarding in my job than to see 70+ students on their face dealing with the Lord. The Holy spirit showed up and moved in a tremendous way. I don't know what God was talking to every student about, but two of them were giving their life to Him for the first time and 1 was talking to Him about following in obedience through baptism.

0 Responses to “Camp Spasm”

Post a Comment