new glass

Ever since camp spasm the front door to the Student Ministries office has been marred with broken glass. Something that after a little while you get used to. It was still serving the correct purpose there was just something that was wrong with it... it was broke. Today was a new day... the glass was replaced. (actually two pieces - but the other one wasn't our fault, I swear) The Guy who brought the glass worked forever to get it back into the slot that it goes into, but did a great job and I think that it is better than the original.

The analogies here are many... do with it what you will. To me I was reminded of James 1:22-25... That sometimes we notice something and never do anything about it. Not that I could fix the glass, but it just became what it was, I hardly even noticed it was there, but it was there and always needed to be fixed.

Ok, maybe I'm stretching a little bit to get some cool analogy out of a broken piece of glass in our office being replaced (it beats Gerald's racoon story, or maybe not.)