Communication

Communication is integral to any organization working properly. We have been having lots of conversations about this topic lately. I wanted to ask a question, just click comment to respond: What are some ways that we can better communicate in the middle school ministry? as leaders? to students? to parents? Give me your thoughts on this one.

3 Responses to “Communication”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    As the parent of a middle schooler that goes to SFCA I love how the teachers communicate with me via email. They keep me uptodate with my daughter specifically as well as events and special happenings. I also like their website Renweb that keeps me posted on what's going on, grades, etc. The kids have acces to Renweb too. I started my own myspace when I started teaching in 8th grade and introduced it as a way to communicate on a contest we held. I don't think one student visited it. Not even those that were really into competing for the prizes. My own daughter is into the cell phone and texting more than anything else at this point. But she's not as techy as some. I know the church sends out messages from the pastor on phone trees from time to time. That may be a way to get a message out to the middle schoolers. At least a good majority of them.  

  2. # Anonymous Anonymous

    for those that have internet, this blog spot is a great start. it can be looked at and commented on at everyones own time that's convenient for them. sometimes the phone just isn't the best way so definately in my opinion email and this would be perfect.  

  3. # Blogger oakleyses
Post a Comment


things you need to know and other stuff you might not

I'm Steven Anderson the middle school pastor at McGregor Baptist Church in Fort Myers, Florida. I'm married to the most incredible woman in the world, Kristi. We have two sons, Jonathan (4) and Tyler (1).

  • Facebook
  • e-mail me
    • follow me on Twitter

      Search



       Subscribe in a reader

      Enter your email address: