Never Underestimate


Today at supper I had a reminder of one of my many pet peeves, underestimating... and it was me that was doing it. While we were sitting at the table, I remembered (two pizzas too late) that we hadn't said the prayer. Jonathan has been leading that for us when we all sit down and eat, but seeing the need to be hasty (I know, I am a minister) I said, "let daddy say a quick prayer." I didn't think that Jonathan would want to stop and his prayer for us. [never underestimate] He got quite upset with me and proceed very loudly and angrily with his prayer. I'll have to address the issue of the right tone to talk to God when we are thankful later.

This reminded me, that we shouldn't underestimate our students or children willingness to be involved, spiritually, as leaders, etc... We are here to guide, equip and inspire them to reach their full potential in Christ.

I really think that middle school students can and will change the world.

2 Responses to “Never Underestimate”

  1. # Blogger oakleyses
  2. # Blogger oakleyses
Post a Comment


things you need to know and other stuff you might not

I'm Steven Anderson the middle school pastor at McGregor Baptist Church in Fort Myers, Florida. I'm married to the most incredible woman in the world, Kristi. We have two sons, Jonathan (4) and Tyler (1).

  • Facebook
  • e-mail me
    • follow me on Twitter

      Search



       Subscribe in a reader

      Enter your email address: